LABOR DAY PARADE
This year’s Labor Day Parade will be held on Monday, September 7, 2015 this year with an exciting line-up!!!
This year's theme, “Solidarity: Together We Can,’ emphasizes our focus on job creation in our community.
Plan to attend this year’s Labor Day Parade, starting at 11 am on September 7.
Because the parade will have new staging areas, affiliates of the Council are required to participate in the planning process by sending representatives to planning meetings. 2015 parade planning meeting dates will be listed here.
Key aspects of the parade’s hs planning and execution include:
- parade planning meetings involving delegates from Labor Council affiliates and other groups participating in the parade
- developing the actual parade formation including the sequencing of divisions and units within divisions
- distributing parade posters and other publicity materials
- publicizing the parade route
- ordering official parade t-shirts
- recruiting and orienting parade Marshals
- communicating parade information to affiliates and their members
Update: MANDATORY meeting for affiliate reps!!!
Due to additional information that needs to be communicated to parade particpants, and additional meeting was scheduled (last and final!)
Please send a representative from your group on
Thursday, September 3rd to the NYSUT Building (30 N. Union St.)
from 5:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.